Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rudino's, Be There or Be Square!


Google.com
g



Rudino's Pizza and Grinders has been one of my favorite pizza joints to go to in the Raleigh area for years! I decided to make it an addition to my blog because it's definitely a top competitor for the best pizza in the Triangle. Although Rudino's has many convenient locations, I decided to go to the one located off Duraleigh and Edwards Mill (3101 Edwards Mill Road, Raleigh NC).









I've been going to Rudino's since I've lived in North Carolina, because it's one my Dad's favorite places and now it's one of mine! This time I asked my dad to join me and he agreed immediately. We were seated upon walking in, even though it was a little crowded due to "March Madness". Rudino's beer and big screen TV's always attract big crowds on game days. Part of what makes this restaurants atmosphere so engaging is it's bar, offering customers popular and local brew to enjoy with their pizza. Nothing beats sitting at the bar watching your home team play, drinking a beer, and having a slice of tasty, made from scratch, pizza.




Google.com
Rudino's was actually created by local North Carolinians, and first opened in Cary, NC. Their dough is homemade everyday and their toppings are fresh and flavorsome. There's really nothing bad that I can say about Rudinos. My dad and I always enjoy the service, the atmosphere, and most importantly the pizza. I find Rudino's to be unique for a few specific reasons, one being how they make their pizza. Every time I go I order a pepperoni pizza, and usually go half and half with whoever is joining me. I stuck with my gut, and ordered my usual half of pepperoni. This is one reason I say this is unique, because Rudino's is one of the only pizza places I know that places the pepperoni under the cheese.


Their crust, which is made on site daily, is thin but has just the right amount of flimsy-ness to it. Also, instead of being cut into slices, Rudino's cuts their pies into squares. Another original aspect Rudino's has to offer. The cheese is always warm, thick, and stringy as it pulls away from your mouth after a big bite. The toppings are always extremely fresh, from vegetables to meats. Not many pizza places can top my love for some Rudino's pepperoni pizza.




Overall, it was another great trip to Rudino's. Our total for a large 16 inch pizza, with a charge of $1.50 for additional toppings, was $17.56. A pretty reasonable price considering the caliber of the pizza. I left feeling full and satisfied. Before leaving the restaurant my dad and I talked to our waitress Kelly about the restaurant. "We always have great business here and everyone has a good time," said Kelly, 22. "The pizza speaks for itself," she said. Kelly and I obviously share similar opinions because I believe Rudino's pizza really does speak for itself. Another A++ from Slice of the Triangle! 





No comments:

Post a Comment